Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So far?

What was I thinking picking Thanksgiving week the one that I choose to be more accountable.Like I had said before, its always run, run, run in my life-hard to sit around and do nothing, as nice as that thought may be some days.  It definitely made things more interesting.  My body was just not into it-and I could feel it.  That being said...

Last Wednesday I was lucky enough to have off, and I was so excited to get out and run one of my old trails, and found out how much I need to hydrate before these runs.  The temperature was pushing 80 degrees, so not terribly warm, but when your body heats up as fast as it does when you are out running, you lose a lot that water while you are out there sweating. My body felt it.  So that was one thing that I learned.  I got in my  3+ miles, but it was a little rough there for a while.

So here, I sit, a little over a week after I sat here and typed away about talking about accountability.  I am watching The Biggest Loser and thinking to myself about my eating habits.  I watch these people who have taken control of that area in their lives.  They work out hard for the last few weeks and they have lost a great amount of weight.  I am not putting short all the hard work I have put into my past weight loss, but I sometimes wonder why I sabotage my current efforts to reach my goals.  I had hoped that by signing up for the half marathon that it would refocus my efforts, and in some cases, it has.  On the other hand, I catch myself in the kitchen, after Madi has gone to bed, looking for something to snack on.  I have read numerous articles.  I know that I need to keep healthy "zero" foods in my kitchen, instead of the bad go to foods that I have been using.  I am great during the day, but let my  down  time get the best of me.

So-do I lay it out again, for the whole world to see?  Guess it can't hurt, and maybe the more people that see this, namely those close to me, and I'm not talking about their location that can be my support.

1.) Lose another 30 pounds, and seriously tone my body.  I have had people in my life tell me it isn't possible to both of those due to the overweight past that I have had, that it may be something that I just need to contend with.  But again, I go back to watching  The Biggest Loser, if they can do it once they got home from the ranch, why can't I.  I have dealt with my weight issues over the years.

2.) Get myself back to the all day healthy eating that I know I can do, instead of being bad at night.  It's all something I know that I can do.  It's something that I know is possible.

I want to keep the positive people in my life instead of the toxic ones that I have allowed to have to much say regarding my choices.  They are my choices....if you can't accept that, then keep your comments to yourself.  This is something that I have chosen to better the health of myself and my daughter.

There is nothing holding me back except myself.  I have to take control because no one else can.  So here goes nothing.  See you back here tomorrow!

To A Healthier Life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment