Saturday, February 18, 2012

Time for A Change

We are over a month and a half into the new year.  I made it through the birthdays and the holidays.  I made it through the PF Changs Half Marathon with a time of 2:50.  I was pleased considering it was my first.  I trained.  I ran.  It was great an looking forward to doing it again next year.

Once all that training was over and said and done, my weight has remained at a constant.  I'm not sure if that was a good or bad thing.  The unfortunate thing that I have been dealing with is a major lack of energy.  Not sure if its a nutritional thing, but I have been learning that most of the issues that I have usually are associated to a bit of everything.  I have been struggling to get out of bed in the morning.  At first I was anxious to get up at 5:00 in the morning and get in my workout, looked forward to them.  Now, its like a battle just to get past the snooze alarm.  Some nights I struggle to get past putting my daughter to bed.  My housework some days seems not to get done because I fall asleep before I can get to it, and waking up to just barely get the little one and myself ready to head out for the day.

  I had been doing the TurboFire workout and was really enjoying it. I still do....just not sure why I let myself fall out of that.  I think part of my problem was that I haven't been seeing the results I wanted to see.  The workouts were great-but when it came down to it, the weight didn't go down like I wanted to see.  Another part of the equation I believe was that my eating habits could have been a bit better.  You can't under eat, and think that making it up with a binge of bad foods on another day are going to garner you any loss on the scale.

Here we are at today.  I have decided to take control of my life in different ways.  I have decided to take on the strength training workout Chalene Extreme.  It will be at my door on Monday, along with Shakeology.  On that note, I have also decided to join the Beachbody team as a coach, starting with one of their challenges.  So, starting Tuesday, please ride along with me on this journey.  I would love to have all of you follow me as I start this positive change to my life.  And if you would like to do more than follow by joining along side of me with a challenge, I would love to help you along on that road too.

Here's to the new me and perhaps, maybe, a new you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment